Apr 19, 2014
Our client is a rapidly expanding multi-national consumer goods company looking for a Demand Planner to join their expanding Supply Chain and Logistics team. The role reports to senior leadership in the SCM office and works cross-functionally with sales, finance, operations and other senior executives.
The Demand Planner is responsible for planning, forecasting short and long term product demands and working with international manufacturing partners to ensure accurate level of product supplies quarterly & annually.
· Works cross-functionally with sales and finance in strategic planning and implementation of annual demand plans.
· Works with historic data, promotional knowledge, business assumptions and statistical modeling to evaluate analytics and intelligence for the forecasting process
· Evaluate and identify risks and opportunities with projected forecasts
· New product forecast and management of excess or old inventory with older product models
· Champion the management review process and obtain leadership agreement on forecasts
· Data/trend modeling/analysis, variance analysis and provide management reports on risks, opportunities and reasoning around current and future product orders
· Work closely with manufacturing partners overseas to ensure the appropriate supply and delivery
· University degree related to Supply Chain (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering)
· 3-5 years of demand planning experience with a FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods)
· Excellent analytical and data modeling skills including advanced MS Excel
· Strong cross functional relationships across the business (sales, finance, operations)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, driven by process improvements and efficiencies
· Exceptional time-management - Executes multiple projects, and balances priorities
· Experience using SAP is an asset
If you feel you are a fit for this role please do email your resume to Brian Sekandi - Partner - email@example.com. Your application will be dealt with in a completely confidential manner. Please note only those deemed to be a good fit for this role will be contacted back, no phone calls please.