Dec 5, 2013
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
BravoTECH, a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks for our preferred client in their Dallas location. The qualified candidate will possess 6-7 years of experience as a BI Developer with strong SSRS/SSIS/SSAS experience.
A senior developer on the Enterprise Data Services team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining business intelligence solutions, including metadata models, complex reports, and OLAP cubes. Ensure development standards are maintained. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external customers and coordinate the work of more junior team members.
Responsibilities for this Position Include:
· Administer SQL Server Business Intelligence software
· Installation, maintenance, upgrades, license management, security, future/additional product evaluation and purchasing, etc.
· Administer performance and capacity management of the BI servers to provide a stable production environment.
· Develop complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and PerformancePoint
· Develop and optimize OLAP cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services
· Develop and deliver training for new BI users
· Requirements gathering, source-to-target mappings, data analysis
· Use SQL explain plans to optimize slow queries
· Execute unit and system test scripts, analyze, capture and publish test results
· Interact with business users and provide solutions
· Mentor and guide other BI developers
· Participate in rotation of on-call support.
· Identify problems and trends and take corrective action
· Define and apply best practices and standards
· Provide expertise and guidance to other BI and warehouse team members
· Research and resolve data issues identified by business users, IT operations, or partners
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Extensive background working with all areas of the data warehouse environment
· Able to handle complex projects and communicate clearly with leaders and team members
· Minimum 5 years experience with SQL Server or other relational databases
· Experience with data modeling including dimensional and normalized models
· Experience using an ETL tool, such as Informatica
· Design, develop and test SQL stored procedures
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) in Business Intelligence
· Administer Cognos 8/10 Business Intelligence software
· Maintain complex reports using Cognos Report Studio and Analysis Studio
· Experience in the financial services industry, especially private lending Education
· Bachelor's degree
· Overtime work may be required as needed to adapt to business change.
Compensation is commensurate with years of experience:
BravoTECH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, BravoTECH has provided technology staffing and consulting services to clients throughout the country since 1996. BravoTECH’s client-centric business model, driven by quality metrics, ensures consistent, predictable service results. As a result, the firm has realized steady growth and maintained many long-term relationships with its clients. In addition, our Recruiter Specialization Model -- in which recruiters devote 100 percent of their time to developing relationships within one or two technical skill set areas – allows us to quickly locate and secure the highly-skilled technical resources our clients demand. BravoTECH is a WBE and HUB certified company and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job now or contact our office today for additional information
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4835 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1000
Dallas, TX 75244
972-419-1655 – Main
800-762-7286 – Toll Free
972-419-1654 – Fax